This is a refreshing batido or agua fresca that is absolutely delicious when it is hot and humid outside. The cucumber pairs well with the lime, and the drink is very hyrdrating and restorative. Of course, there are some people out there who might want to add a little alcohol to this, as well. I think it would pair well with a light rum.
You will need:
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, deseeded & chopped
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Peel the cucumbers and remove the seeds using a spoon. Chop cucumbers into chunks and place into the blender.
- add 3 cups water and blend until smooth.
- Strain the liquid into a pitcher and discard the pulp.
- Add the lime juice, remaining water and sugar. Mix well.
- Serve chilled over ice and garnish with mint, if desired.