This is adapted from an Anne Willen recipe I found over twenty years ago. It is a constant favorite through summer, and we tend to make it on a weekly basis. It requires fresh herbs, and a lot of fresh vegetables. This makes a large portion – perfect for a cookout. Feeds around 10-12 people.
You will need:
- 2 peeled, seeded and chopped cucumbers
- 1 -2 lbs of tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 sweet peppers, deveined, deseeded, chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted olives (kalamata is preferred)
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Fresh mint (around 4-5 sprigs)
- Fresh oregano (around 4 sprigs)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley (around 4-5 sprigs)
- 6 oz good quality feta
- Prep and cut vegetables and place them in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk red wine vinegar & olive oil until it is emulsified. Whisk in a little salt, pepper, and fresh herbs. Pour over the salad.
- Crumble good quality feta and blend in with the salad.
- Serve chilled.