You will need:
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 2 lb boneless pork shoulder (or slice up a bone-in pork shoulder)*
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small white onion, sliced thin
- 5-6 small tomatillos, chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 1-2 fresh jalapenos, chopped (optional- this depends on your love of spice)*
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro
Serve with: fresh cilantro, sour cream, monterey-jack cheese
- Prepare your veggies
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown pork on all sides for about 15 minutes. Season with salt, oregano & cumin. Transfer to slow cooker, reserving juices in the pan.
- Cook onion and garlic, tomatillos and peppers in remaining juices, stirring and scraping up any browned bits for about 4-5 minutes. Add a little salt while cooking. transfer juices and onions/garlic into slow
- Pour in chicken broth to cover the ingredients. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred cooked pork with a fork, and spoon into bowls.
- Add cilantro, cheese, and sour cream and enjoy:)
Allow for jalapeno seeds if you want the dish to be spicier.