This is a recipe I modified from: http://stayforsupper.com/2012/08/21/buffalo-chicken-taquitos/ and it has become a mainstay when we host parties.
Serve with blue cheese dip and/or celery sticks. You can also cut the hot sauce with regular buffalo sauce to diminish the heat.
Serves: If you wrap the taquitos tightly, it will yield about 18.
You will need:
- tortillas – I prefer El Banderito – some brands aren’t that good for rolling (i.e. mission)
- 4 cups shredded chicken – you can cook it yourself, or use a rotisserie
- 2 cups mozzarella or cotija
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup franks hot sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt the butter.
- Add garlic and cumin to the melted butter, and stir.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until it is melted completely and combined with butter and spices.
- Whisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shredded chicken to the mixture and blend.
- Lay out a tortilla; I use maybe 2 tbs chicken and a sprinkle of mozzarella.
- Tightly roll up the taquito and place on a greased baking sheet; repeat until chicken is gone. I use a pastry brush and water to seal the tortilla well.
- Brush the taquitos with a little vegetable oil on all sides.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown
Serve and Enjoy:)